Find some quick inspiration to guide your next Valentine’s Day email campaign, from email subject line examples to free Valentine’s Day email templates that you can edit and send right away. You’ll even get a sneak peek of 2022 Valentine’s Day emails sent by brands just a few days ago.
Best Valentine’s Day email subject lines
We went through hundreds of Valentine’s Day email subject lines and chose the ones that stood out the most. Check them out and get inspired:
- Hurry! Last Chance For Valentine’s Day with Express Shipping
- [Company] Loves You
- With love: 2 months of [Product]
- Share the love and save [Discount]
- A Valentine, from you to you
- Be ours? ❤️
- Love Stinks
- Make-Up or Break-Up
- 💓 Send a love letter on me 💓
- Don’t miss out! FREE [Product], when you buy 2
- V-day shop closing soon! ❤
- Next-Level Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Last day! ⏰ 8 hours left to get our best-selling pendant for Valentine’s Day
- NEW V-DAY 💝 TRADITIONS COMING YOUR WAY!
- It’s love at first sight
- Restock Alert: New Sale Section 🙌
- Save 25% on Galentine’s Gifts for the Girls
- 💝 Drop a hint for Valentine’s Day…
- Here’s A Treat – Red Hot Valentine’s Sale
- A few of our favorite items for the perfect moment
- Be a Thoughtful Valentine! Shop Our Top Collections & Save Up To 15%
- 35% Off Iconic Valentine’s Day Styles😍
- You are going to LOVE this sale…
- 🎁 50% OFF Your Second Item!
- 💕A message of love they’ll treasure forever💕
- Will you be my Valentine? 💋
- What does Mom really want for Valentine’s Day?
- Valentine’s Day coming soon… Perfect Gifts For Him this Valentine’s
- Less than 3 weeks to go! Early Bird Valentines Special! 🌹
- Cupid’s struck gold with these brand-new Valentine’s gifts… 💘
- Love is in the air! Get inspired by French romanticism for Valentine’s Day
- New Arrivals by Agent Provocateur 💕
- Up to 30% off on all gifts 🎁 Lovely Wednesday 💗
- Valentine’s Day Email Backgrounds & Other Free Resources
- Treat Him Right This Valentine’s
2022 Valentine’s Day email campaigns
Only a few weeks separate us from this year’s Valentine’s Day. And, already, brands are rolling out their Valentine’s Day email campaigns.
Check out what the competition is sending and get some Valentine’s Day email ideas.
Valentine’s Day in the time of Covid
This year, brands are adapting their Valentine’s day email campaigns to particular settings. Consumers are no longer willing to shop in stores, and this is reflected in the increase of “Free Shipping” offers every brand is highlighting.
A Valentine’s day email sent by Kate Spade on January 27th (2021) plays on the social distancing aspect:
you’ve got (valentine’s day) mail
Creativity is shining through this year’s Valentine’s gift guides. This email example from Made Trade assumes that their audience will be spending Valentine’s day evening at home, and to help them prepare for date night, the brand showcases products in the most elegant and pertinent way.
Four simple steps for a delightful stay at home Valentine’s Date
Some brands have decided to maintain their Valentine’s day offer as it is. But focusing on a more inclusive and relevant email copy that acknowledges the “new normal”.
This Valentine’s day email sent by Bote Board is not only amazingly designed, but also very well written.
Our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide is Here
E-Gift cards are a great gift idea for the current context. Many brands are focusing on promoting their Gift cards that are cost-efficient and tackle customers’ health concerns perfectly.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Of course, a special shoutout to all the brands selling and/or donating masks during the health crisis.
You’ll LOVE our Valentine’s Day Bundles 💖
Self-love on Valentine’s
Valentine’s day is an occasion to feel and express appreciation for people you love – starting from yourself. This is a great point to focus on if your company sells a product that can’t really be marketed as a Valentines gift.
A perfect example to showcase what we mean: Remy is a brand that sells weighted blankets. Instead of encouraging their email list to buy their SO a weighted blanket (which is not a sexy/romantic idea and will probably not have high conversion rates), the brand focused on self-love.
Love the way you sleep again
Valentine’s Day jewelry emails
When designing your HTML email template for your jewelry business, make sure to keep it as simple and elegant as possible. Jewelry is a symbol of luxury, classiness, and delicacy, and your email design should reflect that as well.
Valentine’s Day email subject line: Choose topaz for love and affection – we’re thinking Valentines?
Keep your email colors faded and neutral. If you want to want to adventure with some popping colors, make sure to choose jewelry products that translate the same message. Take for example the last email example from our selection down below. The company chose hot pink for their Valentine’s Day template but promoted its jewelry line targeted towards younger audiences.
Valentine’s Day emails for florists
A study by “AboutFlowers” found that over 250 million roses are produced for Valentine’s day. If you are in the flower business, you would be crazy not to take advantage of this holiday and promote your products to your mailing list.
To help you segment your list and send more targeted email messages, we compiled a few statistics:
- Men buy more flowers on Valentine’s Day than women (37% vs 19%).
- Flowers are bought mainly for spouses and partners (76%). However, people buy flowers for their family members as well: 23% for their mothers, 15% for their children.
- The most popular flowers to buy on Valentines day are Roses (Red, White, Pink, Mixed Roses, Yellow, etc), Tulips, Lilies, Carnations, and Mixed Flowers.
Lingerie Valentine’s Day emails
If you are selling Lingerie, Valentine’s day is the best occasion for you to cash in big. Valentine’s night is more important than V-Day for some. And lingerie is a big part of what makes the magic happen.
Here is some information that we think could help you plan and send a well-targeted email about lingerie:
- A study found that that black lingerie is the most popular color for Valentines day gifts.
- Thongs are the most popular type of panties on V-Day.
- Lingerie is not only for women. Some brands use Valentines day to promote their men underwear.
- When promoting your lingerie lines for Valentine’s day, make sure to include items of different sizes and types. Body inclusivity is no-longer a choice.
This particular brand of lingerie took a completely different approach in their Valentine’s day email. From the email subject line and email copy to the diverse product images, this unusual Valentine’s day email focuses on self-love and women empowerment.
Love me for me: Valentine’s is all about you 💕
Valentine’s Day Emails for Gift Ideas
According to a study conducted by Statista back in 2017, the three most popular gifts are candy and sweets, greeting cards, and flowers.
Despite it being a somewhat old study, it could give you an idea of what people like to gift their loved ones on V-day.
In the Vaélentine’s Day email examples down below, we selected templates from different product categories and target audiences. You’ll find Valentine’s day gift idea for mothers, email gifting guides for him and her, and many more fun examples.
Valentine’s Day email backgrounds and resources
If you are looking for some inspiration to choose the color palette of your email you can check out Coolors. This color palette generator suggests hundreds of color schemes that fit your branding colors.
You can use Canva to design your own Valentine’s day email background and adjust it to your brand requirements.
Check out this article to find more free websites and tools that’ll help you design the most awesome emails.
Valentine’s Day free email templates
Our professional email designer created 5 HTML email templates that you can easily edit and send out to your email list.
These Valentine’s day HTML email templates are:
- Mobile responsive
- Easy to edit
- Can be sent using any ESP